The First International Conference on Conflict Studies
“Conflict and Climate Change”
December 10th, 2020
Call for Abstracts
The Conflict Studies Centre (CSC), Babes Bolyai University, Romania and the Department of Political and Administrative Studies, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, heartily invites you to submit abstracts for their maiden virtual international conference on conflict studies. The general theme of this year’s conference, “Conflict and Climate Change,” aims to highlight how climate change phenomena (drought, flood, land erosion, desertification among others) are fueling conflict in different regions of the world.
Abstracts are invited in the following sub-themes from Professors, Researchers, Peacebuilding Practitioners, doctoral and postdoctoral students:
- Natural resources, conflict and human security
- Human security, migration and conflicts
- Land use and land management disputes
- Water management disputes
- Food insecurity, human rights and migration
- Climate changes as sources of civil unrest, terrorism and insurgency
- Traditional management practices of land use conflicts
- International spillover of climate change induced domestic conflicts
- Climate Justice
- Case studies: Climate change and conflicts in specific geopolitical areas (Eastern Mediterranean, Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa with a special focus on the Sahel, Horn of Africa and the Great Lakes region).
Conference papers of high quality will be peer-reviewed and published in a special edition of the Journal of Political and Administrative Studies (JPAS) and in the Conflict Studies Quarterly Journal (CSQJ) or a collective volume, depending on the number of high-value contributions.
Deadlines for submission of abstract and registration is November 20, 2020, and the deadline for the submission of the full paper is on November 30, 2020. The abstract must have up to 300 words, and it should specify the title of the paper, the authors and their email addresses within the same document when submitting.
Conference Date: December 10, 2020.
Registration is free and can be done here.
The official call for papers and the submission guidelines can be downloaded from the link below.
The conference’s program, panels and all related administrative details will be communicated to the participants after the selection process. Thank you in advance for your scientific contribution to our conference.